Android Car Play
If you own a car and use an iPhone but haven't heard of Apple CarPlay, then your world is about to change!
With the help of an intelligent interface, easy and fast connectivity to your phone and tons of features that make using your phone while you drive a lot safer, Apple CarPlay is the ultimate co-pilot for any kind of journey.
So, what is Apple CarPlay?
Apple CarPlay is a piece of tech developed by Apple that connects an iPhone to a compatible head unit (the interface in your centre console where you control the stereo, phone connectivity and sometimes navigation). It will provide a simplified version of your phone screen on the display and enable you to access your phone’s features easily and safely via the touchscreen or voice commands.
How does it work?
Apple CarPlay seamlessly integrates with all your car's inbuilt audio controls, so you don't need to take your eyes off the road. As long as you have an iPhone 5 or better, you'll be able to enjoy the benefits of Apple CarPlay.
Connect your iPhone to the car head unit using an official cable and follow the on-screen instructions. You’ll then be able to access selected apps on your iPhone via the head unit, including maps, phone calls, messages, music apps and settings.
What are the main features of Apple CarPlay?
- Listen to music: You can enjoy your favourite tracks and podcasts through iTunes, your Apple Music subscription or a compatible third-party app such as Spotify.
- Navigate: Apple CarPlay can display Apple or Google Maps on the head unit display as you drive, acting just like a built-in sat nav.
- Make hands-free calls: With the help of Siri, you can call contacts using just your voice, meaning you can keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
- Check your messages: If you spot an important text message notification on your head unit's display, you can ask Siri to read it out for you, then dictate a reply, all without taking your attention off the road.
- Enjoy third-party apps: With a bit of exploration and some playing around on your head unit when you're parked up safely, you can add a whole host of voice-controlled apps to your CarPlay home screen. From audiobooks and live radio to real-time sports and news updates, there are plenty of additional apps for Apple CarPlay to make the journey go quicker.
How can I get Apple CarPlay in my car?
Many new cars offer head units with Apple CarPlay as an optional extra, so you can simply plug in your iPhone and start using it. However, if you have an older head unit or a system that isn't compatible with CarPlay, you may want to upgrade.
We offer a range of car stereos/head units that include Apple CarPlay, providing the ideal solution for those who fancy the tech without getting a new set of wheels. We can also fit them for you on a date and at a time that suits you, taking all of the hassle out of the process. Simply choose the fitting option when you check out online or speak to one of our colleagues if you’re in-store.